Saturday 11 January 2014

Tatty Towers

Morning, are we ready for California Crafting ?
I know I'll be watching while crafting today, still have more samples for Jo Channon's Spellbinders shows to make. Her shows begin Monday  at  8am. There are lots of brand new dies so it's keeping us very busy indeed. Jo and I have already made samples which are now in the states.
I spotted on Facebook last night some more of my samples which are now over there, they are with a new company for me..........
Katy Sue
I've been lucky to be given their new moulds, not for cake making but for card making. These moulds are great for paper clay and Utee more my cup of tea. It meant I had to unwrap my new melt pot, once started I couldn't stop, so I sent Noreen some extra moulded pieces  left over from my card making session.

I'm so glad Noreen put this on Facebook as I forgot to take photos of the samples before posting.
To make the frame here I added gilding flakes to the mould and then poured in the melted clear Utee which had been sitting a while and had changed to an amber colour. It doesn't take long to set but don't be tempted to touch it to quickly as it can burn and it will spoil it.
With reference to the title, have you seen Tatty Towers , the on line magazine from Tattered Lace. All you have to do is register with the Tattered Lace club then download it.
There is a piece on the team at Tatty Towers and on yours truly.......
The magazine also includes how to get the most out of your dies, cutting guides, a complete catalogue to download and much more.
Check out the shows on TV today, as I also had fun playing with the new Sugar Rush kit. Most of my crafting friends know this is not my usual style of crafting. But I did have fun, the kit seemed to go on forever and that was with Stephanie and me attacking it.
The toppers were lovely with laser cut lace,  foiling  and with roses to decoupage or use separately. The cardstock  was heavy enough to make base cards and I also need to add there is two additional kits, containing vellum and inserts. Also there is a project book if you get stuck for ideas but I don't think that will happen.
Enjoy the shows and Happy Crafting.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen. I am itching to see these new moulds now : ) Glad you enjoyed using them. I love the amber square, so pretty. Take care.

    ReplyDelete