Friday 17 January 2014

Stained Glass D-Lite Part 2


Following a comment made by my lovely follower Kitty, I thought I'd show you my alternative for the Stained Glass D-lite. Kitty said it reminded her of a fire place, I thought of a carriage clock but you could also use as a Mirror frame or a cupboard with a decorative top.
I used an embossing folder from Creative Expressions for the background, inking the folder with Perfect Medium, embossing the card then adding gold embossing powder. After heating cover the card with Brushed corduroy Distress Ink. The two other die-cuts I applied the gold gilding wax from Crafters Companion. The clock face is one from Tim Holtz's Idea-ology range.


Roughly the same idea with this one, just a different layout. The die I cut in black card then added the gilding wax and sanded back slightly.
Granddaughter afternoon today but I will still fit in a bit of crafting because she has a nap in the afternoon . My husband is booking time of work today for our holidays  but where to go , will be in the UK, any ideas ?
Happy Crafting

4 comments:

  1. I've never left a comment before but I just had to say how much I love these cards! So suitable for mens cards. Can you tell me the name of the embossing folder that you used please? Thanks for the inspiration, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment redfox, it is lovely to here what fellow crafters think to my cards.
    The embossing folder is from Creative Expressions it's called Time code EF - 003, costs around £4.00
    Hope this helps.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen.
    Thank you your cards are so inspirational , as you know I have no imagination. Ican copy very good, Karen enjoy your beautiful grandaughter . I hope you go somewhere nice and warm. Take care Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen. Love both of these, like Kitty says your cards are so inspirational! Have fun with your Grandaughter, that afternoon nap is great for a quick recharge of YOUR batteries as well as hers isn't it : ) My suggestions for a holiday location are The Lizard area of Cornwall for the sea or being up on Exmoor, Devon for sheer natural beauty are the two places that will guarantee you a wonderful holiday. Sit up on a Tor on Exmoor and let your worries and stress just melt away...magical place. Let us know where you decide to go. Take care.

    ReplyDelete