Saturday, 12 October 2013

Medallion Nine

Two more Spellbinders cards here, playing with Medallion Nine. There is in fact three different dies used on this card from the new D-Lites range. I cut two of the medallions, twisting the top one slightly round before attaching. Then adding one of the blossoms on top , with a gem for the centre.
Two sprigs of foliage, one for each side of the flower. The background was made using a folder from Couture Creations, then I inked  around the edge with Distress ink.

This card the two other ways you can use this set of dies, the first is just to cut the filigree section out, which I did twice in this panel. The other way is just to cut the blank piece, which I did after attaching some double-sided adhesive to it. After removing the backing I covered it with the new glitter from Creative Expressions. I then stamped over the top with Stazon.
The background behind then panel was made by attaching pieces of the medallion cut into pieces but cut I the same cardstock as the base card. This makes it look like it has been embossed.


  1. These are gorgeous Karen and it has been a pleasure talking about them in the recent shows x

  2. Thanks Jo, great to see you and Mark again. Looking forward to the next time.........

  3. Hi Karen thanks for the inspiration less is more take care Kitty