Thursday 16 January 2014

Stained Glass D-lite


Two more cards today made with one of the new D-Lites, the stained glass.
Fot this first one I got out my alcohol inks and applied them to acetate.  Sticking it to the window die cut, and once layering on the white card base the real effect of the alcohol inks shows through.
I also used the corner flourish 2, the build on the core labels 34 and A2 bracket borders 2.





With this one I went back to when I first started crafting full time, glittering on acetate. Choose your colours of glitter first, stick a bit of acetate to the die cut then apply the glue a colour section at a time. Start with the darker colours first, then it all can be done in one go and left to dry, overnight would be better. As the glue dries clear ( Cosmic  Shimmer ) the colour of the glitter will shine through.
I also used one of the card creator dies and A2 bracket border 2 for the background.
Watching  Nancy Watt at the moment on Create and Craft, I don't know how she has managed to do the show as she only arrived home at 8pm last night from the states. At least she only has this show...............I think, there is also some Sugar Rush shows today.
Can't wait to have a catch up with Nancy and Stephanie to see what the Americans thought of the dies. Several of my crafting friends also went including Kay Rutter, hope she remembered my catalogue ! Lol.
Happy Crafting

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen the cards are lovely I just dont see it as a window we had a fire place the same design, all I can see is a fire place . I remember the glitter days well how styles have changed. Take care kitty

    ReplyDelete