Thursday 17 April 2014

Italy and India part 2

A clue in the title there, two more cards today, one from  Tattered Lace, one from Sheena.
Have a few minutes while my Grandaughter sleeps to show some of the cards I have been making, seem to have a bit of a backlog  of cards to show. That will teach me not to blog daily.
Here is the first from Tattered Lace,


Love this card, it was in my head to do from the first time Stephanie showed me the designs in their initial  stages.
I just saw lupins , because of the design of the die you can cut two flowers out from each run through.
I coloured them with copics which took only minutes. The background paper was Lili of the Valley and the wording came from MCS.

Time to show one from Sheena's show

A white tiger , just to be different, only coloured his eyes.
The background was made using glossy card and wax paper. If you have the double-sided wax paper , the one  you use  with your Spellbinders dies, this is great because you get two for one.
Emboss a piece of wax paper in a folder, then place between two pieces of glossy card , shinny side towards the wax paper. Now find that iron , the one we never use , because we are busy crafting . Lol Heat the back of the glossy card for a minute or so. Once cool,  apply ink over the top, I used Distress ink, Mowed Lawn in this case. The leaves were inked and embossed with clear powder before cutting out.
Have fun with this technique,  but for now a Happy Crafting.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen
    Glad you got a few mins to post these cards. They are both lovely : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete