Wednesday 23 April 2014

Cards with frames


Morning everyone, just having a cuppa while my Granddaughter is asleep, so I thought I'd write a post for my blog.
Hope everyone had a good Easter break, I decided to  organise my dies into CD cases which will then go into a unit, let's say I've nearly filled 200 . Oops.  Easter Sunday involved another tidying session as Heather and her boyfriend  came to dinner, now we can see the dinning table. Lol.
Yesterday was my youngest daughters birthday 19 years old, where does time go ! Had a meal at Frankie and Bennys, then stop off to look after my Granddaughter while her Mum popped out.
The evening was filled with playing with the new Tattered Lace dies, wait 'till you see these.........
The first card was from the Spellbinders POW, simple to make, just cut the corner 4 times and link together. The frame was cut using the Grand Squares and the papers came from The House of Zandra.
The sparkler on the ribbon was actually on old earring belonging to my youngest daughter, she had a habit of always losing one. Always like to upcycle were I can.


This Tattered Lace card was made with the free gift from Issue 5 of the magazine. The swags and border were from the POD on Create and Craft. The roses were 3D and glittered, the die was cut twice in green so I cut the second one into sections and added them to the main design to expand it..
Somebody will be awake soon, ready for her lunch, saying that so am I
So Happy Crafting for now.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen. Thank you two beautiful cards. Glad you had a good Easter Weekend looking forward to the next set of dies, What is happening with Spellbinders?. Colemans seems to have stopped selling them. I love Sue Wilsons dies. Take care have fun with Mia. Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen. Love both of these : ) Glad that you had a good Easter weekend. Well done on sorting your dies. it's frightening how fast the time flies isn't it. Our youngest is 19 too, doesn't seem possible does it. Belated Happy Birthday to her . Take care.

    ReplyDelete