Thursday 25 July 2013

Last day in the Lake District

Home tomorrow, a four hour journey but it will be good to be home. Saying that I did enjoy my week   in the Lakes , the weather was good the only time we saw rain was either in the chalet or travelling to our venue for the day. So really we didn't see much at all, no umbrellas or raincoats needed here.
I found the local craft shops of course, there's a great one in Penrith, Penrith Crafts in St Andrews church yard. Also an art shop in Cockermouth along the Main Street near the bridge.
As we were away I didn't see much of  Create and Craft's Viva Craft Vegas, I did catch our John Bloodworth ( thanks for the lovely comments ) showing the brand new Spellbinders dies. These dies were being launched at the CHA Summer 2013 show. I was very lucky to be given the chance to play with these dies and make samples for John to then show my ideas for them on TV. As usual I would have liked more time, but I did make a sample for nearly every die and embossing folder. I also got the chance to play with the new waxes from Creative Expressions, these have been on my to do list for a while, and of course I love them.
This will be the first showing of the cards I made as I had to wait until after the launch, so I hope you like being able to see them a little closer, with a how too.


From the show I saw , I know this was a favourite. While deciding what to do with this die set, I laid the cut pieces down and moved them about until I saw an idea. This is where the robot appeared from, using all the dies in the set and the smallest one from labels thirty-three for his mouth.
All the pieces were cut and embossed as well as inked through to show the embossing using Weathered Wood Distress ink.
I embossed a pattern on the background using my Hougie Board and just added some punched circles to the corners. As I could use only the dies on the show  it stopped me from doing what I would have like to have done which was add some cogs to his belly area. Just to give a bit more mechanical look.
Do you like him ?  Think he needs a name........
Would be great for kids cards.
I will post the rest of the cards in the following days.
Happy crafting

2 comments: