Monday 15 July 2013

Summer Crafting

Home now after 4 days of Summer crafting, at least the weather hasn't changed now I'm back home.
The schedule for the four days went as follows;
Day 1 I travelled up to Stephanie Weightman's house and spent the day crafting with a group of lovely ladies. It was work before I get any comments, Nancy and I had the task of making samples for the next pick of the day which is on Ideal world , Tuesday night at 9pm. Ok I said it was work but it's always fun playing with new dies. I had already been sent a few of the dies to make samples but these I had never seen before, one of which I will have to buy.
The next morning we were all up bright and early to travel to  the racecourse, of course there had to be a traffic jam on the M18. I got a bit lost as this was the first time I had helped at the workshop not the usual setting up of a stand.
The workshop was brilliant, the ladies attending we're lovely, some I already knew as they regularly attend shows. Kathy, Diane and I looked after about 5 tables between us, but the ladies had full instructions , so we helped where we were needed.
The entertainment started with Stephanie, Nancy, Kathy, Mel, Diane and Jane doing their version of YMCA. That included costumes hats, face paint,moustaches and in Nancy's case a chest wig.
The ladies hd breaks for coffee, lunch and afternoon tea, this was the best we had strawberries and cream. Although is was very warm they had brought on large aircon units, great for a quick cooling off.
After the workshop I went downstairs to meet Mike on GlitzCraft with whom I was working with for the next two days. He was getting on ok, so I met up with an old friend of mine Jayne Nestorenko. This was Jayne's first show on her own, so I helped to set up the stand, poor Jayne had been held up on the motorway. At least we got finished before they closed the hall.
As to the two days of the show ,I was extremely happy that we were at the end near the open doors. Most of Saturday was a learning curve, these were new products to me. By the end of the show I was dying to have a play , so guess who brought some. Sorry I forgot to say GlitzCraft sell masks and a product called Glitter frosting. If your an impatient crafter the frosting dries very quickly and you don't need much, another plus point is it doesn't seep under the mask. Although it dries quickly you can blend the colours. The ladies loved Mike's demos which kept me very busy with sales.
Sorry for the long post so much to say, next is today's card,

Tattered lace with Nancy Watt is on tomorrow at 9pm on Ideal World, if you love flowers watch this show. Although saying that there are a lot of new and some quick sellers on the show. So be ready on the phone, Internet or App.
The poppies on this card I coloured with Distress inks Barn Door and Peeled Paint.
Hopefully a shorter post tomorrow, now back to work on something for the CHA shows on Create and Craft , I wonder what that could be!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment