Wednesday 13 June 2012

Well where do I start......there are so many things to show and tell.I think I'll start with a show of some of the cards made for Sheena's latest shows.

This was one of our favourites for the embossing folder show, I embossed a piece of coredinations card stock and sanded it.This was then used on the front of the easel card. Using the flower stamp from Sheena's paint fusion Berries set I stamped in jet black archival onto white card and cut them out.The leaves were stamped then coloured with Spectrum Noir pens.



I love this technique,it's quick but very effective,first die-cut a shape, in this case a circle into a piece of copy paper.This is then used as a stencil through which to apply the distress ink,Wild Honey first,then Rusty Hinge around the bottom edge.Give the distress ink a quick blast of the heat gun,then ink up the chairs and table with archival and stamp on the edge of the circle.

I'll add some more samples in future posts.





My second workshop took place yesterday,and again everyone left with very inky fingers but with two lovely cards.Here is one of the cards they made


It was made using Penny Black stamp set called Free Flight which can be purchased from J & C Creations. The distress ink colours were Stormy Sky,Brushed Corduroy,Walnut stain and Black Soot.Using a mixture of techniques,blending the colours,spraying the stamp with a fine mist of water them stamping on the backgound to lift the colour.Then the burnt edge effect on the topper,the butterflies were stamped then colour added with a blending tool.
Then second card I'll post tomorrow.If you're interested in attending one of my workshops,details of the next one will be on my blog tomorrow.

Hope you like the cards that have been posted today, please check back tomorrow for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment