Thursday 17 July 2014

Doncaster Show

Sorry for the break only I've been a bit busy, Summer Crafting and sample making for Sheena's 4 DD starting on Monday.
Had a whale of a time last week, a lot of work but a lot of fun.
Arriving at Stephanie's Monday evening to join the rest of the gang in getting sample cards ready for the Friday workshop. Linda S and Linda T had already started in the prep but I couldn't leave until my Nanny duties had been completed on Monday. After a day of a lot of fussy cutting for me, we were well under way by Tuesday evening, so Wednesday I changed camps to join Nancy and Stephanie in making cards for the POD.



We were very lucky in seeing a lot of new things in production and yet to be seen on your screens. Sorry not saying any more just watch Create and Craft next week. Saying that there is one item I adore it has saved a lot of hassle for me and will do for you to........ It's so easy, I use it every day now.
Early start on Friday to drive to Doncaster, just in case the roadworks caused any problems. Kathleen and I put the world to rights on the way and nearly missed the turning through talking. We set up the room, all 30 tables in record time. After the briefing we all had a play with the new toy, so we could show how to use it.


I had a brilliant group of 19 ladies to look after, some I had met  for the first time last year ( Sally ). We all had a laugh, a learnt a lot I hope



Well they have all promised to come next year and they want me to look after them, I couldn't have been that bad.
You should have seen the goody bag they got,
Sorry Sally borrowed your photo, hope you don't mind.
The next two days were filled with  the Make and Takes  I was doing, nearly 180 ladies and gents over all. I showed how to use the Envelope Crafter then they decorated the flap using Card-io stamps.


I was shattered by Sunday evening but will still had the stands to take down. 
I left just after 5pm but there was an accident on the M1 which delayed me by an hour..
Of course Monday morning at 7am my lovely Granddaughter arrived.
Would not have missed the chance to do this show, although it was very tiring and I joined Nancy with a sore throat, could be to do with all the talking we did.
Had a nice surprise on Tuesday this bouquet arrived.



Thanks Zoe and Stephanie, looking forward to next year.
Hope you liked liked this extra long post with all the photos, may have to do another post later because I have a lot of samples to show you but for now
Happy Crafting.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, I came and did make & take @ Summer Crafting on Sunday, was lovely to meet you, I am still recovering, from the 3 days but I thoroughly enjoyed it and would like to thank you for all your hard work, I loved the workshop and have already booked my hotel for next year. Thank you for all your help, you deserve a rest take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi karen, Judy and I had a fantastic time :) I don't mind you using my photos. I'm really looking forward to next years show. Who knows we may bump into each other in Farnborough next March xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen.
    Thank you for the photos. I know from experience that you are a good teacher,not to mention all the fun we had.
    Looking forward to the next blog, take care Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear it went so well. Might have to go next year! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen. It's lovely to see all of the photo's. Glad to hear that you all had a great time : ) I am intrigued about the new toy, do we get any more clues before seeing it on C & C or are you going to make us wait? : ) Take care.

    ReplyDelete