Friday 8 February 2013

Magnolia

So as this  post appears I will be in Thetford with Kay, It's workshop day today,where's my giggle knickers.I know I'll have a really good day,plenty of laughing with some lovely ladies.Hope I brought enough biscuits........
Well back to today's card,I had some samples left from demoing at the shows in my previous job of a technique I do with embossing folders.
Ink the folder with Perfect Medium on the raised side , put in the cardstock and put through a die-cutting machine.The ink is transferred to the debossed area so cover with embossing powder.Shake off excess then heat.Then using Distress ink around the edge to finish.
I cut this piece down and layed on top of another piece of white card embossed with the same folder.
The brick wall folder is from Creative Expressions, I love using this as a background for flowers but it's also good for men's cards.
The magnolia I stamped with Memento and coloured with alcohol pens.
Then did my favourite thing cut it out,had to use a craft knife for some of it,not my favourite thing lol.
I attached it with some Collall glue to give dimension. The Magnolia wording I stamped with Memento and coloured oer the top with the pens,Highlighting in certain areas with a darker pink. Then tore around and mounted on the card again with the glue.
Do Magnolias come in other colours I always see them as pale pink.
Happy Crafting

1 comment:

  1. Morning Karen, Have a brilliant Show with Kay.
    Your card today is beautiful, I adore that brick wall and love how you have decoupaged on top of the full sheet of embossed brick wall, and the magnolia is stunning, yes I have always seen the flowers in pale pink/white too.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete