Friday 3 August 2012

Gingham Christmas

Today I've been working on some cards for Sheena's next show on the 14th August.Three more stamp sets from The little Sketchy range and it's put me in the mood for showing some other Christmas cards I've recently made.

The image is from a set of stamps from Penny Black - Christmas with Mimi.

I stamped the little girl onto Coconut White card using Memento ink.Then coloured with Copics.
Using Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Bauble to cut the topper and also the mount below. I punched a hole through the top of the gingham piece and attached some gold rope through it.
 The faux pine branch was made using a mixture of Floral Flourishes.
The poinsettia was a Marianne die,with which I cut some white glitter card and some gold metal for the centre.
To finish off I used a Quicky Glue Pen and Glamour dust to give a bit of sparkle. Surprised myself tonight I've completely emptied my glue pen,loving the ease of use and that it dries quickly.Good job I have plenty of spares.
What do you think to the gingham look ? The papers plus most of the products I used can be found on J & C Creations website .

2 comments:

  1. Morning Karen, This is a beautiful card, I love gingham and would use it all the time if I could, I also love gingham ribbon too. This card is so 'christmassy' it is beautiful. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Karenwhat a beautiful card I love card that uses gingam papers they are so bright. ive got there dies so I think I will zhave to have ago at this one.

    Debs Artliff

    ReplyDelete